Devtron was established in 2019 by industry veterans with more than 30 years of experience under their belt. With some of the most technologically advanced companies of their sector as customers, Devtron is redefining the paradigm of how DevOps should be done. It’s flagship platform - Release Orchestration and Application Lifecycle Management on Kubernetes - is Open source and has helped companies around the world reduce their go to market time in a secure, stable and cost effective manner. It’s built on some of the most loved technologies like GoLang, React, Kubernetes, TypeScript to name a few.
About the role:
At Devtron, our team of technical writers will be responsible for ensuring that the documentation for all of our products is clear, correct, comprehensive, and easy to use. We are looking for great writers with strong technical proficiencies to help our users with ease of use and better understanding of the product.
- 6+ years of experience planning, researching, writing, and editing software documentation
- Excellent skills in grammar, minimalist documentation design, and effective information architecture
- Great teaching skills that translate into amazing written work
- Experience using the Linux shell, command-line, HTML/CSS, and/or at least one programming language (does not have to be in a professional context)
- Experience using static site generators and managing docs as code
- Experience with some of the following:
- ~Using or documenting DevOps tools
- ~Advanced programming or other technical experience
- ~A rapidly scaling start-up environment
- ~Remote work, especially in collaboration with others across countries and time zones
- Highly organized and able to triage and prioritize numerous issues and projects
- Able to succeed in a remote, globally distributed work environment
- Content: Create, merge, and maintain product documentation and release posts. Balance priorities.
- Structure: Ensure newly developed content uses content topic types to make product documentation easier to scan
- Organization: Ensure that product documentation pages are well organized by using good naming and logical groupings.
- User interface: Create or improve user interface text, such as field labels or error messages, with a focus on your assigned groups
- Product knowledge: Understand the technology and features of the product
- Process: Define process and create best practices document to be followed by all junior writers
- Communication: Communicate effectively and professionally with other team members
- Leadership: Act as the Technical Writing lead
Bachelors (preferably BE/B. Tech.) - Computer Science/IT